Saturday, April 13, 2013

It's Been a Year...

No Seriously...

It's been over a year since I last posted on this blog o' mine and boy, have things ever changed... Again!!!

Let's see, in the past year I got a job, moved in with my best friend and said "see ya later" to my husband, who is off creating a new life for us in another city, in another state.  This past year has had so many ups and downs I feel like I've been living at Six Flags. While things are calmed down for now, I'm about to be strapped in for another crazy ride. 

This is why I decided to come back to blogging.  God is moving.  He's moving big time in my life and I need a place to share with others what exactly He's doing. When God moves in my life, things get messy.  He calls me to do hard things.  Things I've never considered and things I swore I'd never do, so I need a place to come back to.  To see where God is working because when the hard times come (and they will come. I know this already!) I need to go back to a place where I saw God's providential hand guiding me along this messy path..

I know I could just keep journals, and I do;  however I also need other people to see what God is doing in the lives of both my husband and me.  Many people are confused as to why we have made the decisions we have and while there are many, many good intentions out there and because people love me, there is a lot of questioning of our life choices right now.  I need them to know that while while I completely understand their confusion and their questioning (believe me, I question things a lot of the time too) my husband and I are doing what we believe with all our hearts God is calling us to do, and I want this blog to be a testimony of God's faithfulness to us as we walk in obedience.

Lastly, I'm also hoping that this blog might encourage other women who who may be in the same shoes I am.  Women who are physically separated from their husbands for a season. Women who struggle with God's call in their lives and are afraid to move forward, or perhaps, I can let other women see that you can keep a sense of humor while your world is turning upside-down. 

All I do know for now is that God is telling me to write my story. And so I am.













No comments:

Post a Comment